Using Elink for Self Paced Learning



These last two weeks have been crazy with the ACT test, MAP Testing, and being gone for soccer. One new tool that I have found is elink.io this tool allows me to create a place where students can access videos, sites, and anything else with a link. One of my goals from this year was to have students more in charge of their own learning. I want them to be able to take information I give them and be able to apply it accordingly, next year I will do a better job of giving students more opportunities to do this on their own and find videos that they listen to and engage with.



The one thing I love about elink is that the site looks good, it looks like it wasn't done by me, but more like a professional.

Since I was testing about 5-10 students per class, the other students had this worksheet to do in class.

It introduces students to adding/subtracting and multiplying matrices by a scalar. This is normally a lesson that takes a day, but really shouldn't.

I gave the students this link: https://elink.io/9b9c4

As I got the students started on the MAP test, I told them the link would help them with their worksheet and to take notes on each video or save it to their iPad for later.

Most students only asked questions if they were doing it correctly, now looking back I should add videos that explain odds to see if students are correct or are on the right path.

elink.io would be a great tool for flipped learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment